The 6th International Conference on the Internet of Things (IoT 2016) will feature workshops to stimulate more in-depth discussions on emerging IoT topics such as privacy and security or the need for open data standards. We would like to cordially invite you to submit workshop proposals for both, Scientific as well as Industrial workshops.
The objective of a Scientific Workshop at IoT 2016 is to give researchers the opportunity to present and receive feedback on early research results. The objective of an Industrial Workshop is to create an environment for IoT pioneers in industry to share hands-on experience with IoT systems (use cases, deployments, architectures, etc.)
Your proposal should provide the following information:
- The name of the workshop
- The names/affiliations and contact information of the organizer(s)
- A workshop abstract that includes a statement of the workshop’s goals
- The planned length of the workshop, number of expected participants, workshop format and, if applicable, a brief discussion of the workshop’s history (experiences, # of attendees, etc.)
- For scientific workshops: the names of proposed committee members
- For industrial workshops: the names of proposed speakers
Submission / Evaluation
Workshop organizers should submit their proposals to the IoT 2016 workshop co-chairs by email (email@example.com) no later than May 27th 2016. PDF format is preferred. Please use “IoT 2016 Workshop Proposal” in the subject line.
Each proposal will be evaluated based on the submitted information and a limited number of workshop proposals will be accepted to IoT 2016. Workshop organizers are strongly encouraged to submit their proposals as early as possible since proposals are continuously evaluated – we might thus be able to accept successful proposals earlier and thus allow more time for advertising the event. All workshop participants will be required to register for the full conference as well. Workshop organizers will receive one complimentary conference ticket for one organizer or one workshop participant.
Papers of scientific workshops will be published as Internet of Things 2016 Workshop Proceedings and we plan to have selected workshop proceedings published in the ACM Digital Library.