Demos in IoT 2017 are intended to introduce new or on-going work on systems and applications related to the Internet of Things and provide opportunities for authors to interact directly with the conference attendees. The demo session will be 2-3 hours in length. Please note that demo session participants will need to register for the conference.
Abstracts of accepted demos will be included in the IoT 2017 conference proceedings which will be published in the ACM Digital Library.
You are cordially invited to submit demonstration proposals to IoT 2017 conference. Submissions from both industries and universities are encouraged.
- Demo proposals must include an extended abstract no longer than two A4 pages in the “ACM SIGCHI Paper (2-column)” format, including all figures and references.
Link to the template: Latex Word
Link to an example following the template.
- The authors should also provide a brief sketch of the planned demonstration (e.g., demo setup, demo experiencing). Specific requirements concerning space, power, network, security, etc. should be stated.
- Demo proposals must be submitted electronically. The abstract should be attached in PDF format. Submissions can now be made via openconf at our submission site. While making a submission, please make sure to select Demo&Poster Track as Topic Area.
- At the conference, all accepted demos will be evaluated and considered for the Best Demo Award.
* Demo Submissions due: August 21, 2017 August 14,
* Demo Acceptance notification: August 28, 2017
* Camera Ready Submission: September 6, 2017
The call for Posters and Demos in Textform:
Call for Posters and Demos: IoT2017 – 7th International Conference on the Internet of Things
Poster and Demo Deadline: August 21st, 2017 August 14th, 2017
Conference Date and Location: October 22–25, 2017 in Linz, Austria
Submissions are encouraged but not limited to the following topics:
* Physical world event processing and understanding: Novel data collection, deep learning, reality mining, and prediction methods based on physical world observations. This might include real-time decision making, event processing, and extracting information from large datasets.
* IoT Interactions: Novel methods and techniques for seamless human-to-object and object-to-object interactions. This can include Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality interactions.
* Advanced manufacturing and logistics with IoT: Evaluation of challenges of real world deployments of Industrie 4.0, Industrial Internet and GS1 system implementations. Including planned deployments, investigations of consumer aspects of 3D printing technology and IoT.
* Internet of Things architecture: Novel information architecture design on field device, edge device and servers in cloud, investigation of technologies supporting transitioning functional and processing allocation across system entities.
* Advanced data capturing and networking technology: Novel and advanced object identification, access and networking technology, localization, image recognition, 3D scanning methods to facilitate capturing physical events and reality.
* Interoperability of IoT systems: Service and device discovery, synchronization of distributed directory systems, and semantic data description frameworks.
* Data sharing and acceptance of IoT Systems: Data security, authentication and authorization. Privacy protection, data sharing technologies (incl. blockchain technology), tampering protection and detection in IoT systems.
Only submissions written in English language will be considered for acceptance as a poster or demo.
The submissions are limited to a fixed length of 2 pages including figures and references following the standard ACM SIGCHI 2 column format.
As in the previous years posters and demos will be reviewed in the single-blind fashion by a committee of experts in the IoT field and published in ACM Digital Library.
Submissions can now be made via openconf at https://www.pervasive.jku.at/Conferences/iot2017/submission/. While making a submission, please make sure to select Demo&Poster Track as Topic Area.
Poster and Demo Submission: August 21st, 2017 August 14th, 2017
Acceptance notice: August 28, 2017
Camera-Ready Submission: September 6, 2017