The conference and the workshops will take place at the Johannes Kepler University Linz.
Address: Johannes Kepler University Linz, Altenberger Strasse 69, 4040 Linz, Austria (Google Maps)
Website: JKU Linz
Hotel rooms for IoT 2017 attendees can be booked directly via the hotels.
Special conference rates are available at the following hotels until September 6 (please do mention „Internet of Things 2017“):
- Park Inn by Radisson Linz, Hessenplatz 16-18, 4020 Linz
- Sommerhaus Hotel Linz, Julius-Raab-Strasse 10, 4040 Linz
- Harry’s Home Linz, Donaufeldstraße 3, 4040 Linz
For more information about Linz and other hotels please see the Linz Tourism- Website.
Linz lies at the heart of Europe and can be reached quickly by car, train or plane.
Arrival by aeroplane:
- The closest airport is the Blue Danube Airport in Linz-Hörsching (LNZ).
- The “Blue Danube Airport Shuttle” (bus no. 601) is a convenient way to travel from the airport to the city center in about 20 minutes. The bus stop at the Airport is in front of the arrival hall. Tickets are available on the bus (€ 3.20 single way, full price, cash only) or at the ticket machine at the station.
Arrival by train:
- “Linz Hauptbahnhof” is the main train station. Please note that there is a direct rail connection from Vienna International Airport (VIE) to Linz Central Station. For further information and timetables see ÖBB – Austrian National Railways.
Public transport in Linz:
- To get to JKU Linz, take tram line 1 or 2 in the direction “Universität”. From the main train station it takes about 30 minutes.
- Tickets are available at the ticket vending machines of LINZ AG Linien: MAXI (24-hour ticket, € 4.40), MIDI (more than 4 stops, € 2.20), MINI (up to 4 stops, € 1.10)
- For further information see Linz AG Linien.