Guidelines for Attendees
IoT 2020 will run on the Zoom platform. Below we present some guidelines:
- When you first connect to a Zoom room to participate in IoT 2020, you will be presented with the option to download and use the Zoom client (https://zoom.us/download). We recommend using the full client version for the best viewing experience.
- In preparation to join the conference via Zoom, we recommend testing the setup via the Zoom Test site (https://zoom.us/test) prior to the conference. For the best experience, please use your webcam and test your audio.
- When you join the session, you will be asked to log in with a password. You will receive this password before the session.
The following links can be useful as you prepare for the conference:
- At least one day prior to the scheduled session, we will share a Zoom link with the password.
- All participants should show their full name in Zoom. To change your name in Zoom: hoover with your pointer over your own name in the participant list, click on “more” and select “rename”.
- You can join the conference at any time.
- You can post questions for the authors and keynotes via a chat option in Zoom any time during the session. The session chair will gather the questions and pose them to the presenters. Alternatively, you can use the “raise hand” function in Zoom after the presentation.
- Attendees are welcome to continue their discussions in the virtual lobby after the session time is over.
- You can chat with other attendees.