Guidelines for Presenters
IoT 2020 will run on the Zoom platform. Below we present some guidelines:
- When you first connect to a Zoom room to participate in IoT 2020, you will be presented with the option to download and use the Zoom client (https://zoom.us/download). We recommend using this full client version for the best viewing experience.
- We recommend testing the setup via the Zoom Test site (https://zoom.us/test) prior to the conference. For the best experience, please use your webcam and test your audio.
- When you join the session, you will be asked to log in with a password. You will receive this password before the session.
The following links can be useful as you prepare for the conference:
- At least one day prior to the scheduled session, we will share a Zoom link with the password.
- Join the Zoom meeting at least 15 minutes before your session starts.
- The pre-recorded video will be used for the presentation and handled by the organizers.
- The presentation is followed by 8 minutes of live Q&A.
- The attendees have the option of asking questions via the chat at any time during the session or using the “raise hand” function in Zoom after your presentation. The session chair will read the posted questions to you or give the floor to someone who has raised their hand and you will answer live.
- Have your presentation ready to be shared via Zoom during Q&A.
- All participants should show their full name in Zoom. To change your name in Zoom: hover with your pointer over your own name in the participant list, click on “more” and select “rename”.