The Internet of Things (IoT) is an exciting research area that brings together academia, industry, society, and governmental agencies due to the innovative advances connected devices and systems bring to society. As the IoT becomes more established and evolves, its focus widens from connecting new devices, services, and functionalities to the Internet, to achieving seamless and autonomous interaction among heterogeneous systems and their users. Resulting networks may therefore take advantage of intelligent and interoperable people, things, and services from both the physical and virtual world, creating distributed ecosystems that are capable of providing secure cross-domain interactions.
The International Conference on the Internet of Things is the premier gathering for visionary and groundbreaking research in IoT and closely-related fields. It connects world-class researchers with leading industry experts to steer innovation in multiple IoT verticals (e.g., smart industry, smart cities, smart health, smart environment). Since its start in 2008, the conference has been backed by strong support from leading academic institutions as well as industry. We are pleased to announce its 12th edition and associated workshops, which will take place physically from November 7–10 at the Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering (IDE), on TU Delft campus (the Netherlands).
NOTE: A physical conference will be possible ONLY if the Dutch health regulations permit. If not, we will revert to a hybrid or a fully-virtual conference. The conference webpage will be updated if and when details become available.
Topics of Interests:
IoT 2022 solicits original, high-impact research papers on all topics related to the development and adoption of the Internet of Things—topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- IoT Architectures
- (Syntactic/Semantic) Interoperability in IoT
- AI and Machine Learning for the IoT
- Edge AI/edge computing
- Web of Things including Hypermedia Agents for the IoT
- New IoT Communication Technologies
- Energy Efficiency and Sustainability in IoT
- Sensing, Signal Processing, Actuation and Analytics in Small and Large-scale pilots
- Security and Privacy in IoT
- Distributed Ledger Technologies for IoT
- Human Interaction with IoT
- Internet of Behaviours
- IoT-enhanced AR/VR/MR, Metaverse, and Games
- Industrial Internet of Things / Industry 5.0 / Internet-Enabled Quality
- Internet of Behaviours
- Transient and Large-Scale Networks
- Real-world Deployments, and Testbeds
- Novel Applications of IoT in Industry (e.g., manufacturing, agriculture, business processes, etc. )
- Societal Impacts and Ethical Implications of IoT
- Paper submission deadline: August 29, 2022 (AoE)
- Notifications: October 4, 2022 (AoE)
- Papers camera ready deadline: October 17, 2022 (AoE)
Papers for the technical track must be submitted via the EasyChair conference system, written in English, and contain original material that has not been published or and is not currently undergoing review elsewhere. Papers should not exceed 8 double-column pages, including figures and references. Papers must use the new ACM article template (when using the overleaf ACM template choose the sample-sigconf.tex file).
Papers will be peer-reviewed by at least three experts from the technical program committee following a double-blind review process (i.e., the identity of the reviewer and the authors’ names and affiliations are hidden, therefore, the submissions should be anonymised). The papers will be evaluated based on relevance, soundness, novelty, and potential impact.
Accepted papers will be listed on DBLP and published via the ACM Digital Library. Cases of plagiarism or multiple submissions will be subject to disciplinary action as per ACM rules and regulations.
Based on reviews, some accepted papers may be recommended for presentation as a poster, rather than a full paper presentation. These papers will be shared in conference companion proceedings.